Saturday, November 22, 2008

In Celebration of 730!!!

This blog is officially 1051200 seconds / 17520 hours / 730 days / 2 years old!! And this is post number 141!! :D Yoohoo!!!! Blink of an eye… :D

Hmmm… I have 1 question… actually I have a few questions.

Who are you? Yes… you! The YOU who is reading this now.

Where are you from?
How did you get here?
Why are you here?
Are you a regular or are you new?
How often are you here?

I know from Google Analytics that I have, in the past 2 years, 54,000 visitors. And of which, 44% are RETURNING and 56% are NEW. I also know 46% are from Google direct search and 16% are direct traffic. My top referrer is Krazie Fishie who's accountable for 4.25% of total traffic (Terima Kasih Banyak Banyak KF). Surprisingly, the keyword that resulted in the most visit, is ‘Xzoga’ :-o 2nd being ‘KY Jigging’ and 3rd ‘Shimano Nasci’.

Anyway… I just want to know more… I’m just so curious as to who are YOU really.

And more importantly, I ALSO want to know your opinions of this blog. How would you rate it in the areas of contents/pictures/layout/etc.?

So… On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Outstandingly Bestest, and 1 being Cacated/Crappy, how would you rate the following?

Quality of Contents/Write up -
Usefulness of contents -
Quality of pictures -
Angles & Framing of pictures -
Layout / Colours of blog -
Frequency of updates -

Please provide feedback/comments on each of the above.

What else do you think should be rated? Please list and rate.
What else do you think I should blog about?
How do you think I can make the blog better?

There you go…the few questions I have in mind. So if you are reading this, please take the time to cut and paste the above and answer them in the comments.

I’ve been wanting to make changes to the blog, make it better, more appealing. 2 years ago, it all started off as just a past time to post some pictures and write some thoughts. Gradually, I realise there are people out there who finds the blog informative; and of course there are some who finds it nothing but showing off. But hey, like I said, it’s a past time that I enjoy. And if you find the blog to your liking, why not help me make it better… so there you have it… HELP!!! :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 2 years!

I'm from HK, I can't remember how I got here but have been a regular for ~6months and read every post. I find the reports on your fishing trips fascinating. I especially like the stories and pictures in your reports. The stuff about your fishing gear is good too. I would very much like to do some of those trips you mentioned, maybe some tips on how you organize them would be great! Keep up the good work.

Quality of Contents/Write up - 9
Usefulness of contents - 9
Quality of pictures - 10
Angles & Framing of pictures - 9
Layout / Colours of blog - 8
Frequency of updates - 6 (the more the better, but I'm not complaining!)

KYFK said...

Hi Anonymous from HK!! :-D Thank you very much for being the first to comment!!! I think what you said is a very good idea... the organizing part of the trips... will keep that in mind! :-D

Thank you very much for visiting!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken, your site is my daily visit so you know what's the rating like...

Quality of Contents/Write up - 10
Usefulness of contents - 10
Quality of pictures - 10
Angles & Framing of pictures - 10
Layout / Colours of blog - 10
Frequency of updates - 5 (it's getting better, seeing improvement on frequent update =) keep in the good work mate )

Fookie said...

Quality of Contents/Write up -9
Usefulness of contents -9
Quality of pictures -9
Angles & Framing of pictures -8
Layout / Colours of blog -10
Frequency of updates -5

update more. HAHA!

KYFK said...

Hahaha... Hi RN!!

Cannot update too frequent also la... I have a lot of posts pending now... 20 over... Just didn't want to run out when I'm brain dead. Thanks for visiting! Will keep the posting consistent.

KY

Anonymous said...

The one thing that i'd like to see more is actual reviews on your gears e.g how's the action of the rods compared to others, the smoothness of the reels...

The rest are great but it'll be perfect if there is some actual review of the hardware and more description of your fights.

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger,

Congratulations on the 2 year anniversary. Just happen to find your blog from the keyword "jigging". Thanks for providing useful information. May have a lot of questions in the future.

Alan chan said...

hmmm i have forgotten how and when i came to your blog but i find it nice to read all your fishing trip and tackle review i'm from singapore

oh ya i add your link to my blog too

all the best

Oce@ said...

hi KY, i'm from shah alam & get here from pelareef hookers blog. Same like u, i'm an angler.

Quality of Contents/Write up - 9
Usefulness of contents - 9
Quality of pictures - 10
Angles & Framing of pictures - 10++
Layout / Colours of blog - 10
Frequency of updates - 7