Birthday gift from NN when she was in the States :-D Something you don't see much of in Malaysia. Quality and built wise, it may not match a Stella or Saltiga. But it's worth more than ALL my reels put together :-) It's my first ever fishing gift :-)
Here are the specs -
- 9 stainless steel ball bearings, with pinion and main gear bearings fully sealed
- One-way cluth instant anti-reverse bearing
- Smooth sealed front drag system
- Rugged aluminium body and anodized aluminium spool
- Anti-twist titanium line roller :-o
- Sure-Click bail
- Machined aluminium handle with soft touch knob
- Spare aluminium spool
- On/Off anti-reverse
- Power knob
And here's their official website - Pfluger Fishing.
Here's an extract of their history - "Since 1881 the Pflueger name has been part of the fishing industry when Ernest F. Pflueger founded a fish hook company called the Enterprise Manufacturing Company. When his son Earnest A. Pflueger took over the family business and founded the E.A. Pflueger Company, he expanded the company from a hook manufacturer to all aspects of fishing tackle & gear. In 1916 the first Pflueger Baitcast reel was manufactured in Akron, Ohio, and became a benchmark of the fishing reel industry. The Pflueger spinning reel was introduced in 1954. Over the years Pflueger continues to be one of the world's leading rod and reel manufacturers."