Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Daiwa Saltiga Z6500H DOGFIGHT - Ultimate Popping Reel

My ultimate popping setup!! Loaded with 300m of 80lbs Xzoga braid. Matched with Extreme Angler Customs Popping Rod, 7'4'', PE 7.

Took me months of research between Stella 10k, 20k and Saltiga Exp before settling down with the DOGFIGHT. Main reason is the solid built of the entire reel. And of course the BLACK body!

The Stellas seems to be more popular, which I assumed, as most of the Japanese fishing VCD which I've watched, most of them uses Stella. However the 'plastics' around the body is just not so appealing. Visually it's not as tough as Saltigas. Even when hold them in your hands, you can see and feel that the Saltigas are built much tougher. However, do love the drag setup within the spool.

As for Saltiga Exp, the 3 holes on the reel 'leg' is equivalent to 3 holes in my confidence.


In terms of smoothness, I do feel Stella has the edge.














































No comments: